Benefits of ISO 20121
Implementing ISO 20121 into events will not only benefit the environment, it will provide a framework to make your organisation more profitable and competitive.
The standard has been developed to provide a management system to help event organisers achieve economic, environmental and social benefits by reducing the environmental impact of their event.
From local festivals to the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic games, ISO 20121 has delivered benefits by reducing the impact events have on local communities and cost savings through minimising waste and energy consumption.
- It is suitable for use by all types of organisations involved in the events industry:
- Event organisers for events of all sizes
- Stand contractors
- Stage builders
- Sound and lighting engineers
- Security companies
ISO 20121 certification – benefits to your organisationDemonstrating your commitment to protecting the environment and local communities before, during and after an event will help you to win tenders with local authorities and other event organisers and give you a competitive edge.
Certification will also help make your business more efficient, competitive and profitable:
- Improve planning
- Better employee motivation and retention
- Reduce costs by better management of materials, waste reduction and energy management
- Competitive tendering
- Improve profitability
- Better client, supplier and community relations